Airfix German Gebirgsjäger mountain troops wearing a mixture of field gray uniforms und Sumpfmuster camouflage smocks. The Figuren represent a rifle platoon based on 50 × 38 mm infantry stands Kompatibel mit the Crossfire game system. The single figure is the platoon commander. Additional infantry stands may be added to account for the fact that elite infantry units typically showed greater initiative at the platoon und section level. This is particularly true of German infantry sections which were trained to fight in two groups, a machine gun group of five men und a rifle group of seven to nine men. In game terms, these groups may be deployed on individual section-sized infantry stands.
37 Figuren in 14 Posen – 22 mm entsprechen 167 cm Körpergröße
- Officer, kneeling, pointing
- Signaler mit Winkerflaggen (2)
- l.MG gunner prone, firing (2)
- l.MG loader prone (2)
- Gebirgsjäger Rope Team (2+2)
- Gebirgsjäger with Rope und Grapnel (2)
- Gebirgsjäger riding Bicycle (2)
- Gebirgsjäger with Pick Axe (3)
- Gebirgsjäger walking with shouldered Skis (3)
- Gebirgsjäger skiing (4)
- Gebirgsjäger standing, firing Rifle (4)
- Gebirgsjäger kneeling, firing SMG (4)
- Gebirgsjäger prone, firing Rifle (4)
- Mule with Ammunition Boxes (2)
- Spare Skis (6)
Gute Themenwahl, the Airfix Gebirgsjäger offer many interesting poses for dioramas und small vignettes featuring mountain troops. Interestingly, the Airfix figure set is unique in this scale, none of the other major manufacturers have released German mountain troops.
Excellent poses suitable for dioramas. The Figuren are anatomically correct und they are accurately posed to represent mountain troops fighting und mountaineering. Wargamers may have to convert some of the poses to draft them into wargame units.
The bicyclist is a nice figure which may be used as a messenger or recce trooper of Radfahr-Abteilung 54 or Radfahr-Abteilung 95 reconnaissance battalion. As the war progressed, bicycles increasingly replaced horses in cavalry regiments und infantry reconnaissance battalions.
Several poses are only suitable for dioramas. Wargamers may want to convert them to gunners or engineers. Using the new Pattex Blitz Plastik flüssig adhesive for Polyethylene figures, it will be possible to place rifles into the hands of those Figuren.
- Figures wearing summer uniform may be painted as late war German infantry with soft caps oder Helmen.
- The Gebirgsmütze soft cap was not worn in combat, it should be replaced by a German steel helmet.
Airfix German Gebirgsjäger mountain troops were released in 1977, und they are still among the most popular figure sets of German infantry. Wargamers need a box or two of these troops to recruit Gebirgsjäger units which served on many fronts throughout the war. The Figuren may be mixed with Airfix Afrikakorps troops or other late war German infantry to increase the variety of poses in a platoon.